Mercury-Free Fillings in Santa Ana CA
Having a tooth filled to treat cavities or to prevent further decay is a common procedure that most people have gone through in their lives. However, many patients do not know about the benefits of amalgam-free fillings or mercury-free fillings. With your dentist in Santa Ana, CA you can be sure that the materials used for cavity fillings are compatible with your body’s natural design.
Reason You May Need a Mercury-Free Filling
Often a filling is needed when patients experience the following conditions:
- Chipped tooth
- A space between two teeth
- Cracked/broken teeth
- Decayed or worn teeth
How the Procedure Works
The procedure itself takes up to an hour, which makes it relatively quick. Local anesthesia is applied to numb the area so that you are comfortable throughout the process. The amalgam-free filling is placed specifically to the shape and function of your tooth.
Benefits of Amalgam-Free Fillings
Patients often find that amalgam-free fillings provide a variety of benefits that are not found with traditional mercury fillings, including:
- Natural-look that blends with your teeth
- The natural feel of the tooth after the filling has been placed
- No worries about harmful chemicals from the filling entering your body such as the release of mercury found in traditional fillings
- Less anxiety about the procedure because you know the materials being used are safe for your oral health
To find out if mercury-free fillings are the best option to treat your dental condition, contact office to schedule your consultation. We look forward to helping you have a healthy and confident natural-looking smile!